Friday, August 31, 2012

Did you think I was done?

I haven't looked over my previous posts yet but it's hard to believe I started this blog just over a year ago.  I'm not really sure if I'm ready to continue my blog but I think that my kids' music video has been the focal point long enough.  Man I miss them, if you're friends with me on facebook you'll see that a friend of mine posted a lot of pictures over the past year, it's a good thing too because I was terrible at documenting the year with pictures.

Here's a quick update of my summer-
I worked at the YMCA for 10 weeks as a "unit leader" which I guess is a glorified camp councilor, although I'm not sure how glorified it was.  I was in charge of forty 6-8 year olds and 4 camp councilors.  It was a daily headache but I had a good time, but we councilors did feel pretty out numbered.  It may not have seemed so bad if I could have gotten some of my councilors to stop texting on their phones and hiding in the corner of the room trying to avoid any interaction with the kids.  What is wrong with people my age? I was talking about this with my parents trying to figure out if its me or everyone else but it seems that people in their early 20's have a lot of issues

-short attention spans
-inappropriate at the most inappropriate times
-no work ethic
-can't hold a real conversation that doesn't center around them

I fear I'm an old man and I've only been around for just under a quarter of a century.  It's not that I don't like people, I love people, which is why I continue to find jobs where I'm surrounded by them.  I guess I just need to find my kind of people or my niche.  I even like people who suffer from all the ailments listed above; it can just get very tiresome...I'm sorry this is turning into a very whiney post, probably has something to do with the fact that I am currently jobless (well I still get 15 hours a week at the Y) and this past week has almost bored me to death.  So if you are reading this, live in Chicago and have any job openings, post something in the comments section and I'll send you my resume (worth a shot right dad?)

wow. I need to shower, just lifted my arms and my body oder was enough to make eyes water, too much information?  Just be glad you can't smell me.

peace, love and proper hygiene
-andy

No comments:

Post a Comment